I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Is that for Shoei only?
Remove Ads
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #62

I Ride: 1199S ABS, BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
Is that for Shoei only?
I think Arai, Shoei and HJC, but am not positive. I had my eye on an AGV, but if I can't get pinlock in it I'll just use it for a summer helmet and keep my Shoei for winter commuting. I really wanted the Rossi Donkey GP Tech helmet, but my wife said I would look ridiculous in it so she blocked the purchase.
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #63

This is where the Bell wins hands down in my opinion with its photochromic lens. You can ride to work in the dark and shield is crystal clear. Then, if you get out early enough shields tints to very dark for ride home in the sun / daylight!!! Also I've found I can ride with all vents closed but there's still enough to stop visor fogging but not enough that it freezes your head off. I'm really looking to full ventilation when it's 80-100F in the summer. Bell star ftw!!!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:39 AM   #64

I think I need to find a snow plow attachment for Pani if I want to ride any more this month
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.0 KB, 9 views)
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:43 AM   #65
Stw

I Ride: 1199s & some Carbon :)
Quote:
I think I need to find a snow plow attachment for Pani if I want to ride any more this month
Where do the Kangaroos hide this time of year???
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:44 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stw View Post
Where do the Kangaroos hide this time of year???
Hybernating with the Wallaboos and the Kickapoos.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:45 AM   #67
Stw

I Ride: 1199s & some Carbon :)
Quote:
Hybernating with the Wallaboos and the Kickapoos.
Ahh.. I see.... well watch out for them in the Spring!!!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:45 AM   #68

I wimped out today too. It was like 18 here and I got up late and didn't want to put all that gear on.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:11 AM   #69

I Ride: '13 Panigale R '12 1199S/ABS, '12 Multistrada S, '09 1098R Bayliss LE, 1998 custom rigid chopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
I wimped out today too. It was like 18 here and I got up late and didn't want to put all that gear on.
18?...my cut-off thus far was 26 and the tires were a little hard, to say the least.

not sure if they even have a safety rating for that temp...

did get totally blown around this weekend by serious gusts that made me take at least a 10-15 degree lean into a cross wind...that's a workout!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:46 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR racer View Post
18?...my cut-off thus far was 26 and the tires were a little hard, to say the least.

not sure if they even have a safety rating for that temp...

did get totally blown around this weekend by serious gusts that made me take at least a 10-15 degree lean into a cross wind...that's a workout!
Yeah, it's a different animal for sure. I haven't ridden the Pani enough in the winter to see how much of a diff the DTC and ABS makes, but the 1098 Testastretta would throw the back end out before you even knew what was going on if your throttle control wasn't pretty good.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:57 AM   #71

I Ride: '13 Panigale R '12 1199S/ABS, '12 Multistrada S, '09 1098R Bayliss LE, 1998 custom rigid chopper
Quote:
Yeah, it's a different animal for sure. I haven't ridden the Pani enough in the winter to see how much of a diff the DTC and ABS makes, but the 1098 Testastretta would throw the back end out before you even knew what was going on if your throttle control wasn't pretty good.
how about softer compounds for the winter? would that be possible? where to source them?
Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:00 PM   #72

Quote:
how about softer compounds for the winter? would that be possible? where to source them?
I thought about a few different things and then got off on a tangent where I was going to get a "commuter/rain bike".. I was looking at an older honda 4 like a Nighthawk or something with a windshield or maybe a Ural (once they made one without the sidecar), but I never pulled the trigger on anything. I wanted something low torque that I could put burly winter/rain tires on, etc., but it never happened and I'm not sure I could get away with sneaking another one in the garage.
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:10 AM   #73

Quote:
I posted above...sheesh, do you not read anything over a sentence long?

I agree with your assessment. I didn't get to try it on a bike, but I thought the system (when I handled the gear in the shop) seems higher quality. The liners were definitely better from a dexterity standpoint, but I still couldn't get them in my fitted gloves. My verdict for me - keep the Gerbing's until it fails and they refuse to fix it under warranty and then switch to Powerlet or whatever the latest and greatest thing is when that happens.
Another season on Gerbing's comes to a close. My left glove failed to heat on Saturday so the whole system went in a box to Gerbing's today for RMA warranty work. This season was my worst so far for failures I think. I had three. One I sent the jacket liner back in for and they fixed, but then the sleeve glove connector failed to heat a few months ago. I ran a y-cable in my jacket to work around the failed sleeve connector, but now the glove itself is kaput. They do stand behind it, but if I could find something that fails less I would certainly entertain the idea of switching. Since I almost never use the heated jacket liner (primarily a vehicle for heating the gloves except in extreme circumstances like riding to my dealer in the dead of winter) I was thinking I might be able to get away with heated grips instead, but I understand those can introduce a whole other host of potential issues.
Old January 7th, 2014, 04:27 AM   #74

I dug this thread up today to link it to another thread talking about commuting by bike and figured I should update it. My Gerbing's jacket liner failed again this year and I sent it back (wasn't heating the right glove). I got it back from Gerbing's and it failed again on the first ride so I had to send it back again. That's twice this year so far. I did receive it back from them, but it has been too cold to test it with this "arctic vortex" thing going on. To their credit, they did call me when I had the back to back failures and have followed up to make sure everything is right, but it would have been nice if they would have reimbursed me the shipping charges.
Old January 15th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #75

Quote:
I dug this thread up today to link it to another thread talking about commuting by bike and figured I should update it. My Gerbing's jacket liner failed again this year and I sent it back (wasn't heating the right glove). I got it back from Gerbing's and it failed again on the first ride so I had to send it back again. That's twice this year so far. I did receive it back from them, but it has been too cold to test it with this "arctic vortex" thing going on. To their credit, they did call me when I had the back to back failures and have followed up to make sure everything is right, but it would have been nice if they would have reimbursed me the shipping charges.
Took a ride on the R on January 1st as always for a good new year symbolic ride talisman.

Was 30 degrees and my 15 year old (at least) Gerbing's worked flawlessly as usual. Easy 100 mile run with a couple of 150 mph rips at an old airbase with deserted runways (complete with weeds!)

The newer hot gear seems to have flaws.

Hope you get it resolved else buy a new one. Sad to miss out on some riding secondary or flawed gear.
Old January 15th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #76

Quote:
Took a ride on the R on January 1st as always for a good new year symbolic ride talisman.

Was 30 degrees and my 15 year old (at least) Gerbing's worked flawlessly as usual. Easy 100 mile run with a couple of 150 mph rips at an old airbase with deserted runways (complete with weeds!)

The newer hot gear seems to have flaws.

Hope you get it resolved else buy a new one. Sad to miss out on some riding secondary or flawed gear.
I got it back and it seems to be sorted. Hopefully it'll hold up.
Old January 18th, 2014, 07:10 AM   #77

Quote:
I got it back and it seems to be sorted. Hopefully it'll hold up.
Well I finally did find a Gerbings jacket that fitted last year and am in my second season with it and have had no problems (touch wood). Up here in NorCal we've been blessed with the weather - cold, down to mid 20's - for a few days but ZERO rain. We'll pay for it this summer though. The jacket has allowed me to not miss a day on the bike. Got it wired and fused into the Triumph for commute work and then plug into Pani pig tail for w/e's. I have the controller velcro'd to the gas tank on both bikes for easy change over. Velcro on Pani will be removed when not required. I know Gerbings went through a big management buy out / shake up last year. Hoped that would have resolved the QA/QC issues?
Old January 18th, 2014, 07:52 AM   #78

I Ride: 2012 Panigale S/ABS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasityLvan View Post
The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of wireless jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
WTF
Old January 18th, 2014, 10:35 AM   #79

I Ride: 2013 1199S
Can you say "SPAMER"!
Old January 21st, 2014, 07:50 PM   #80

Well. Not sure if I have posted here. I have had zero issues with my gerbing dual controller hooked up to the bike. And I had had this jacket for almost 4years and no issues with it what so ever. Sucks you have had so many. My jacket has been flawless. Now the controller I had to replace once.

Ducati 1199 Forum > Ducati 1199 Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
electric, gerbings, jacket, liner, panigale

Similar Ducati 1199 Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Dainese Wave Pro Jacket Whut24 Classifieds 1 July 29th, 2013 11:52 AM
electric problem horn and signals not working supersicsquid Ducati 1199 5 August 29th, 2012 07:31 AM
new helmet and jacket 11NTY9 Ducati 1199 29 May 19th, 2012 01:56 PM
Riding Jacket?? SoonerNation Ducati 1199 17 May 7th, 2012 12:56 PM
2013 Ducati 1199R Panigale Will Have Electric Power MADMAN Ducati 1199 10 April 17th, 2012 06:07 AM

Google+
Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Ducati 1199 and Ducati 899 Panigale Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2011-2014 DUCATI1199.COM • All rights reserved.