Ducati 1199 Motorcycle Forum Ducati 1199 Panigale Forum

Go Back   Ducati 1199 Forum > Ducati 1199 Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Long Island, NY

Posts: 814
Thanks: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
Come to think of it, I was the only non-cruiser in the parking lot period.
Get used to that! We are total anomalies rolling around in the winter on these rockets.

Just yesterday I did a quick 100 mile loop and was the absolute only sport bike on the roads. Plenty of hogs and one sport tourer. And it was a balmy 42 degrees! forget about seeing anyone else in the low 30's and high 20's. It'll be just you and your Gerbing's!
RSR racer is offline  
Remove Ads
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 676

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR racer View Post
Get used to that! We are total anomalies rolling around in the winter on these rockets.

Just yesterday I did a quick 100 mile loop and was the absolute only sport bike on the roads. Plenty of hogs and one sport tourer. And it was a balmy 42 degrees! forget about seeing anyone else in the low 30's and high 20's. It'll be just you and your Gerbing's!
I was the only dude not using my Gerbings too (I didn't think it was cold enough)! Probably also the only one who had his bike photographed by the coffee shop girl.

Do you have Powerlet or Gerbing's? I can't see how anybody can do much with the Gerbing's liners on under gloves. I can't even get most of my gloves on with the Gerbing's liners on much less make a fist once I cram my hand in there.
Capt CF is offline  
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Long Island, NY

Posts: 814
Thanks: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
I was the only dude not using my Gerbings too (I didn't think it was cold enough)! Probably also the only one who had his bike photographed by the coffee shop girl.

Do you have Powerlet or Gerbing's? I can't see how anybody can do much with the Gerbing's liners on under gloves. I can't even get most of my gloves on with the Gerbing's liners on much less make a fist once I cram my hand in there.
Just using my Gerbing's jacket liner. Gloves too thick and never tried liners.

My hands never get cold. Weird.
RSR racer is offline  
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 676

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR racer View Post
Just using my Gerbing's jacket liner. Gloves too thick and never tried liners.

My hands never get cold. Weird.
Funny how people are so different. Most of the time I don't even turn on the heated jacket liner, but my hands get cold really fast without the heated gloves in anything under 40 degrees for more than 20-30 mins.
Capt CF is offline  
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:42 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
VA Panigale's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Woodbridge, VA

Posts: 146
Thanks: 8

I Ride: 1199 Panigale Base with ABS
I am the same way. My legs never get cold, a hoody and my armor is perfect for my upper body but I can't keep my hands warm to save my life. When I left the house today it was 32 degrees and the only cold thing on me when I got to work was my hands, painfully cold.
VA Panigale is offline  
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 676

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Panigale View Post
I am the same way. My legs never get cold, a hoody and my armor is perfect for my upper body but I can't keep my hands warm to save my life. When I left the house today it was 32 degrees and the only cold thing on me when I got to work was my hands, painfully cold.
Yup, I'm the same way. This morning I may have had the liner on just a touch, but had the gloves between 3/4 and max. I may just not worry about getting the liner fixed and leave the y cable permanently mounted inside my winter jacket and only use the gloves. I am heading out to Ducpond this weekend and will check out the Powerlet stuff and report back. I know several people think that is a step up in comfort, bulkiness and functionality so I am looking forward to checking it out.
Capt CF is offline  
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
VA Panigale's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Woodbridge, VA

Posts: 146
Thanks: 8

I Ride: 1199 Panigale Base with ABS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
Yup, I'm the same way. This morning I may have had the liner on just a touch, but had the gloves between 3/4 and max. I may just not worry about getting the liner fixed and leave the y cable permanently mounted inside my winter jacket and only use the gloves. I am heading out to Ducpond this weekend and will check out the Powerlet stuff and report back. I know several people think that is a step up in comfort, bulkiness and functionality so I am looking forward to checking it out.
Sweet, I would be interested in hearing back. I have heard of other people talk about the Ducpond. Where is that at? I know it has to be in our general area.
VA Panigale is offline  
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 676

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Panigale View Post
Sweet, I would be interested in hearing back. I have heard of other people talk about the Ducpond. Where is that at? I know it has to be in our general area.
Winchester, VA. It's about 60 miles from me (I'm in Vienna/Oakton). I usually make it an interesting ride out if you ever want to tag along. I'm going on Sat for her first service so hopefully an end to all this short shifting and puttering around is in sight.
Capt CF is offline  
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
VA Panigale's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Woodbridge, VA

Posts: 146
Thanks: 8

I Ride: 1199 Panigale Base with ABS
I would love to but I already have plans heading down to Hampton on Saturday for a large biker party. You aren't far from me at all. I am in Woodbridge. We will have to meet up for a ride! You will like the difference after the first service. I put those 600 miles on in the first week. I couldn't get enough of riding, still can't for that matter :-)
VA Panigale is offline  
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 676

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Panigale View Post
I would love to but I already have plans heading down to Hampton on Saturday for a large biker party. You aren't far from me at all. I am in Woodbridge. We will have to meet up for a ride! You will like the difference after the first service. I put those 600 miles on in the first week. I couldn't get enough of riding, still can't for that matter :-)
You were faster than me for sure. It took me about three weeks, but my excuse is that I got her the week before Xmas and it's been cold.

ok, no excuse is really valid.
Capt CF is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1199 Forum > Ducati 1199 Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
electric, gerbings, jacket, liner, panigale


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Ducati 1199 Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Dainese Wave Pro Jacket Whut24 Classifieds 1 July 29th, 2013 11:52 AM
electric problem horn and signals not working supersicsquid Ducati 1199 5 August 29th, 2012 07:31 AM
new helmet and jacket 11NTY9 Ducati 1199 29 May 19th, 2012 01:56 PM
Riding Jacket?? SoonerNation Ducati 1199 17 May 7th, 2012 12:56 PM
2013 Ducati 1199R Panigale Will Have Electric Power MADMAN Ducati 1199 10 April 17th, 2012 06:07 AM

Google+
Facebook Twitter RSS Feed


Ducati 1199 and Ducati 899 Panigale Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2011-2014 DUCATI1199.COM • All rights reserved.