Ducati 1199 Forum

Ducati 1199 Forum (http://ducati1199.com/ducati-1199-forum.php)
-   Ducati 1199 (http://ducati1199.com/ducati-1199/)
-   -   Tune Boy Maps (http://ducati1199.com/ducati-1199/3278-tune-boy-maps.html)

WAfatboy April 30th, 2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lardawge (Post 74390)
Did you have to purchase any additional equipment for the cruise to work (there is an additional part listed on there web site).

Did this get rid of all the surging below 5000rpm?

No idea actually whether anything extra was fitted - it was a complementary addition by Wayne when he popped over :) Wayne is there any extra kit on the bike I've not seen?

With regards to the surge issue I haven't tested it enough in this regard - only done one run and there was a lot of traffic and it was wet.

Trauma April 30th, 2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAfatboy (Post 74393)
No idea actually whether anything extra was fitted - it was a complementary addition by Wayne when he popped over :) Wayne is there any extra kit on the bike I've not seen?

With regards to the surge issue I haven't tested it enough in this regard - only done one run and there was a lot of traffic and it was wet.

I wonder, if I buy this, and install the map he did for the Termis, do I actually need the Termis? Can't I just run that map? Would be a lot cheaper that way.

WAfatboy April 30th, 2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trauma (Post 74397)
I wonder, if I buy this, and install the map he did for the Termis, do I actually need the Termis? Can't I just run that map? Would be a lot cheaper that way.

Why wouldn't you run a map for the stock bike? Would run better. Did I miss a joke here?

Helo AP April 30th, 2013 12:16 PM

Well, I'm sold. Get a Termi Slip map, post the chart, and I'll be like a fat kid in a candy store.

Stw April 30th, 2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helo AP (Post 74497)
Well, I'm sold. Get a Termi Slip map, post the chart, and I'll be like a fat kid in a candy store.

+1

Trauma April 30th, 2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAfatboy (Post 74405)
Why wouldn't you run a map for the stock bike? Would run better. Did I miss a joke here?

I was saying just load a Termi map, that way you get all the performance of the Termi, without having to actually buy the Termi.

Phl April 30th, 2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trauma (Post 74502)
I was saying just load a Termi map, that way you get all the performance of the Termi, without having to actually buy the Termi.

wasn't it that there was more power with the termis but without the map?

so just the termi map would make it worse , me thinks... :confused:


edit: oooh you mean the TB termi map...

why not make a stock cans TB map?

Trauma April 30th, 2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 74503)
wasn't it that there was more power with the termis but without the map?

so just the termi map would make it worse , me thinks... :confused:


edit: oooh you mean the TB termi map...

why not make a stock cans TB map?

He has one - but the TB for the Termi makes all kinds of HP, I'll put that on the get the same HP.

Red Dawn May 1st, 2013 04:42 AM

So, what are the differences between TB and Rexxer? Rexxer can do a lot of things. I am not interested in cruise control and stuff like that. We eliminated the secondary air injection system and Rexxer can accommodate that step.

But, the thing I like with Rexxer is the ability to have changes made by Redline in a matter of minutes via email while we are tuning on the dyno.

I am open to looking at TB, but want to know what makes it better than Rexxer. I am genuinely interested.

wmcdonal May 1st, 2013 04:46 AM

No added hardware for the Cruise Control.
Just changes to the code inside the ECU.
I have been testing the iPhone app. This will be able to do data logging and much more (Will start with a basic set then add to this).
iPhone app will be a free download.
I will make the iPhone app so it can store different trim files, you will be able to switch between trim files from the phone (All via WiFi).
I have the iPhone app so you can double tap the screen and the throttle gives a blip, should be a laugh at the local cafe.
Logging will be the big thing, it can log brake pressure front and rear, throttle position, RPM, Speed, Gear... GPS location, lean angle... etc.

I am also waiting for the parts I need to test the down shift blipper.
This will allow clutchless down shifts (ECU will blip the throttle for the down shift), this requires a different shift part on the shaft. More details once testing is complete.
All of these updates will be at no cost.
The electronics on this bike provide so many options.

I updated the map on my friends Panigale yesterday, this was to remove the hole in the power in the mid throttle area. I will be doing some more testing on his bike tomorrow to refine this.

Installing the tunes into the ECU is very easy.
Reverting to standard for servicing is also easy.

Thermo fan will come on earlier to keep the bike cooler. (And the rider).
I let the fan come on at 103 the first time then drop the turn on temp to 91, this makes sure moisture does not build up in the oil.

The standard Ducati maps run the bike very lean at low throttle and RPM, at this point a small difference in injector flow, fuel pressure or a number of other things can be enough to make the bike go to a lean missfire condition.
Our maps make the bike run around the 13.5/1 AF in the low throttle ares, this means the map will still work on a bike that is leaner or richer because of hardware differences.

We also turn off the SAI so you don't need to block this when running on the dyno.
The heater circuits for the O2 sensors can be used to power any add-on for the bike (Radar detectors etc), these can be set to go on when the bike starts.

I should be tuning the bike with the Termi slip-on system next week.
When I do I will show the dyno graphs at 20,30,40,50,70 and 100% throttle.
I think this will give a better picture of the gains.

The software for tuning can control the throttle to make sure the before and after throttle points are exactly the same.

This is not just mapping the bike, this is a feature upgrade for the ECU.

I hope this answers most of the questions.

The hardware provided can be used to diagnose problems on your car.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Ducati 1199 and Ducati 899 Panigale Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2011-2014 DUCATI1199.COM • All rights reserved.